DMO: Eclipse
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Digimon Adventure 02

+2
Cy
YoKozo
6 posters

Go down

Was Ken a moron?

Digimon Adventure 02 I_vote_lcap60%Digimon Adventure 02 I_vote_rcap 60% 
[ 3 ]
Digimon Adventure 02 I_vote_lcap40%Digimon Adventure 02 I_vote_rcap 40% 
[ 2 ]

Total Votes : 5

Digimon Adventure 02 Empty Digimon Adventure 02

Post by YoKozo Mon Jan 30, 2012 2:17 pm

Digimon Adventure 02 (pronounced "zero two") was the first (and only, pre-Xros Wars) sequel to a series. With the success of the first Adventure, naturally Toei Animation would wanna capitalize on the popularity and that brought forth Zero Two. I'll admit, I was glad it would continue and excited to see what new adventures the kids would be experiencing. Not only were there new kids with new Digimon, the old ones were supporting characters, and T.K./Takeru and (Hi)kari were part of the main crew, all grown up. Their first enemy was none other than a human just like themselves. In fact, it was a Chosen Child just like themselves, but he was evil and wanted to rule over the Digital World. Or perhaps just the eastern side of the Digital World. No way was he gonna get through the entire globe. He'd stumble into the other Gods, otherwise. Cool

The Armor Evolution and Jogress Evolution (DNA Digivolution) gimmick was also pretty damn cool to me. Sometime after that when Archnemon/Arukenimon showed up was when I lost some interest in it, but I think the season quickly gained momentum again after the "World Tour." After all, there was some plot returning. Then it happens to be THAT guy again. Once I saw that ending though, it kinda ruined everything for me (and everyone else, I'm sure. Grrr, Matt).

Revisiting the series, I can see there were a lot of flaws and plotholes. Stories left untold, characters not very likeable, witnessing a tortoise peeing as a means for reaching the Adult stage (pretty "o_O" when you read that out of context), and a bunch of kids popping left and right, like Americans who think playing polo or practicing the violin is his idea of fun. It didn't help that the dub was pretty inconsistent with attack names and too up-from-earth to take seriously until the Daemon Corps showed up (where the English writing team was now the more serious crew). Boy goes nuts when he finds out how real these creatures are (Yuu know who I'm talking about), then a Digimon made of 100 Dark Towers decides to roam the Digital World for several episodes doing mostly nothing... then dreams become the ultimate power. But nothing outshines what the epilogue did. Yeah, I'm sounding quite pessimistic about it, but that's not to say it didn't have it's fair share of fond memories. The Digimon Movie was being pretty hyped up in NA, and some cool new songs to listen to that wasn't "Hey Digimon," which I actually kinda like. It was its own sort of mini-nostaliga series since it borrows so much from Adventure.

So what's your take on Zero Two?
YoKozo
YoKozo
Sub-Leader

Guild Reputation : 34

Back to top Go down

Digimon Adventure 02 Empty Re: Digimon Adventure 02

Post by Cy Mon Jan 30, 2012 7:53 pm

My opinion is that it wasn't that good. The Ken half was decent, though a bit boring IMHO (though that could be because I saw it two or three times due to re-runs before they got into the second half), and while the second half was OK, it still wasn't that great. Just like with season 1, it really annoyed me that there were only two megas on the good side (WarGreymon and Imperialdramon DM/FM) and the ending was horrid. The battle with Malo-Myotismon was bad, and the epilogue was even worse. I also found that while it did have some great scenes (IIRC TK punched out Ken at one point), it was just never quite as memorable as Adventure, and the stuff that did seem really interesting was shoved off to the side and never really talked about (Dagomon, Daemon, and the Dark Ocean) and was replaced with the whole Malo-Myotismon thing, which was probably the worst thing in all 7 seasons of digimon so far.

I'm not saying that I didn't enjoy it as a kid, but it's probably my least favourite digimon series (this and season 4).

Diaboromon strikes back was awesome though. Maybe I should rewatch it. Omnimon, Diaboromon, Armageddemon, Angewomon, and Imperialdramon FM + PM? Sounds like a blast and a half to me.

Also, Matt is still my least favourite character in all of digimon.
Cy
Cy
Sub-Leader

Guild Reputation : 13

Back to top Go down

Post by ritzbitz8 Fri Feb 03, 2012 2:20 pm

It wasn't the greatest but it wasn't bad, its still pretty nostalgic. Davis was the only new character I really liked. It got better near the end, around the time the Daemon Corps showed up. I don't really have too much to say about this one... I'm mad that Kabuterimon and MegaKabuterimon never got any fight scenes even though all the others did, lol.

Also, Mummymon was awesome. Who knew that VA would go on to voice Jade, my favorite character ever...
ritzbitz8
ritzbitz8
Guildmaster

Guild Reputation : 40

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Feb 09, 2012 6:13 am

Didn't read anything, because you guys write to much. But I don't see Ken as a moron, it's more like he was controlled by the darkness. After he was just scared to get closer to others.

Back to top Go down

Post by YoKozo Thu Feb 09, 2012 2:32 pm

Tamama wrote:Didn't read anything, because you guys write to much. But I don't see Ken as a moron, it's more like he was controlled by the darkness. After he was just scared to get closer to others.
Discussion is always good. I'm not gonna start a thread and just openly ask what everyone thinks without sharing something of my own. It's something to think about as well. Otherwise, it's not much of a discussion and it's a waste of a thread. Sure, I may have written three large paragraphs (which is really not that long), but to ignore the following posts after? Those are hardly lengthy.

Regarding Ken, it's not so much about the darkness controlling him, but, for me, it was just the fact that he didn't realize Digimon wasn't just an RPG or something. It makes more sense from Yuu's POV in Xros Wars because he was just a kid, but Ken gained some super intelligence and yet he couldn't decipher what was real and unreal. Was he just a mad scientist? Anyway, the moron thing was a half-joke.
YoKozo
YoKozo
Sub-Leader

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Feb 11, 2012 3:11 am

I guess you're right, but about the ken thing. Right now we play digimon masters, if you think about it those digimons could be alive as well. Are they real or are they not?

Remember to always relate things to real life as well.

Back to top Go down

Post by ritzbitz8 Mon Feb 20, 2012 4:26 am

Well wasn't Ken really messed up because of what happened to his brother?
ritzbitz8
ritzbitz8
Guildmaster

Guild Reputation : 40

Back to top Go down

Post by YoKozo Mon Feb 20, 2012 11:22 am

Well, it was a while after his brother died. He wasn't overly traumatic about it or anything, just really saddened. You can see from the funeral scenes his behavior. It wasn't until he got his D-3 that his mind started warping.
YoKozo
YoKozo
Sub-Leader

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Feb 23, 2012 8:32 am

You know humans are greedy for power and sometimes when they are young they don't know what is right and what is wrong. They''re in middle school, when you're that young you don't fully understand everything yet. It's all about growing up and understanding how things should be done.

Also Check out Tiger and Bunny when you have the chance, really good hero anime.

Back to top Go down

Post by Subtellite Fri Apr 06, 2012 5:00 pm

I only watched that season till imperialdramon went BM, and they fought against daemon, then they quit playing episodes on tv. Trying to find some to download. Found one torrent, and its at 15% after 2 weeks Very Happy
Got all episodes that were on tv on VHS, just gotta figure out how to record them on pc without loosing too much graphics or being too big size.
Tried with fraps, then remaking with windows movie maker, and episode took around 200mb each, thats kinda too much. Pokemons I downloaded few weeks ago were 80mb each episode Very Happy
Damn I talk too much, anyways Very Happy
Subtellite
Subtellite

Guild Reputation : 0

Back to top Go down

Post by Cy Fri Apr 06, 2012 11:20 pm

I managed to find 02 on a website called Crackle. IIRC it's owned by Sony so I'm assuming it's a legit website. I think it has all of the episodes, though I'm not completely sure.
Cy
Cy
Sub-Leader

Guild Reputation : 13

Back to top Go down

Post by adawg53 Thu Jun 28, 2012 12:58 am

Season 1,2, and 3 are on youtube with english along with most of the movies
adawg53
adawg53

Guild Reputation : 8

Back to top Go down

Post by Key720 Sun Jul 01, 2012 8:57 pm

Didn't read much too, because I haven't finished the series as of yet.

YoKozo wrote:Anyway, the moron thing was a half-joke.

Yup. For people who want to know why: our guild-master made a post in another forum, years ago, where he said something like 'lol, what a moron'; it was a great response considering the context so it was memorable. I was talking to YoKozo when I was watching the series, and made a reference to that post after Ken finally realised the Digital World didn't have a reset button. Cookie monster
Key720
Key720
Sub-Leader

Guild Reputation : 18

Back to top Go down

Post by YoKozo Mon Jul 02, 2012 12:52 am

You can probably stop after the second paragraph, though I try to be as vague as possible, leaving out any specific plot happenings.
YoKozo
YoKozo
Sub-Leader

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down